Essential oils are such a great way to feel better - naturally!!! All oils have different purposes and uses. Lavender oil is one of my favorites, simple because of how many uses it has! (And it smells so good!) Personally I use Lavender Oil by ItWorks because of the high quality of it. A few drops goes a long way. (Put your email in at the end for info on my oil of the month club - New Oil each month + Uses & Recipes).
7 Uses for Lavender Oil I bet you never knew about!
- First Aid: Drop lavender oil on a minor cut to clean the wound, stop bleeding, and even kill bacteria.
- Motion Sickness: Drop Lavender oil on the tip of your tongue, behind the ears or around your belly button to help eliminate motion sickness.
- Chapped // Sunburn Skin or Lips: Drop Lavender oil on your skin or lips to renew & restore. Mix with a little bit of sugar to create a quick sugar scrub to remove dead skin.
- Dandruff: Apply several drops directly on scalp. For sensitive skin, mix a 5-10 drops in with shampoo (depending on size of bottle.)
- Eczema: Mix several drops of Lavender oil with coconut oil and apply to the affected area. I used this on my son for when he was an infant!!!
- Bug bites & Bee Stings: Put a drop of Lavender oil on a bee sting or insect bite to stop itching reduce swelling.
- Food Flavor Booster!!!: Add a few drops to any recipe to enhance flavor. Great in salad dressings, flavored water, teas and even cookies and brownies.